Cogito Ergo Sud: Football must be popular
Our editorial today underlines the excessive price of the tickets for AS Roma fans at the Nou Camp
If it is rhetoric to line up against a ticket price of 89 euros (at the 100th ring and with a web in front of our eyes), we want to be recognized as masters of rhetoric, we want to be professors of populism. But, I know that the worst rhetoric is that of anti-rhetoric, the one of the "intellectuals at all costs" who search super-original visual corners in order to be scratchy and acid, good only to piss you off, desecrating truths that are certified, compulsory and incontrovertible. Because it is even science not to accept a ticket for 89 euros for a guest sector or one for 60 euros for home matches. For those who are thirsting for pillory, the ones that say "write this also to AS Roma!", read the first line or the newspaper of three days or six months ago, or a random copy of these six months, because you would read continually "things written to AS Roma". We do not do anything else. We would not do anything else. We won't do anything else. You will find us always on the same side, the one of the fans. Full stop.
The manifesto in these parts is clear: football is and must remain a popular sport. Ancient as the world is, it would be said echoing the man who more than anyone else has embodied the emotion and the example of how to live football and how to be a Romanist: Agostino Di Bartolomei. Ancient as the world is, it is something inside the heart. There is no craving for progressism, I personally regret the possibility for the goalkeeper of taking the ball with the hands after a back-pass, but it is not sterile "nostalgia", it is something that does have sense.
Football has its rules, its traditions, and a bigger concept, which contains them all: football belongs to people. And if that it is true in social life, in the social media the concept of people is less current than the one of a Tyrannosaurus: in football people are there and must be there. Football must be popular. Otherwise, it is better that football does not exist at all. And we like feelings, even those who are inside that "What will be, will be". Nothing particularly original: Pasolini wrote this thing more than fourty years ago ("football is the last possible sacred representation"). Pasolini had fallen in love with the suburbs and with this game, because he had found there a hope of authenticity, and therefore of passion, of commitment, of humanity.
Football with only seats, football of the forced applauses, football of the remote control, football of the Ministry of the Right Manner that regulates if, how and when you could go to watch a match and that asks you the authorization to say I love you, or even a very healthy "f**k", asking through a fax for an authorization to feel an emotion: that football is an expired product and a good mould for only few years to come of television rights and scenic views included in packages planned for sheikhs, but then nothing more. Then, they will do nothing else with football, especially if they continue to puncture its ball.
Please, do not touch football and Roma. The market has its rules and this is normal (we cannot be "luddites of the footprint"), but leave us a space, a sector (popular precisely), leave us the dream of a normal ball that goes to get stuck under a car. Zero cost. I would never change the grease on the hands that you have when you recover a ball under a car (stretching without seeing) with a salmon to taste on an observation deck from the "thousand-star" Champions tribunes. Even more, I would pay for not having this privilege. Because, in the end, the dialectic is always the same: - Spritz and + Borghetti. Back in the days when you paid them with 5,000 lire and you received three of them. Back in the days when you did not spare emotions when you went to the stadium.
© RIPRODUZIONE RISERVATA
- Amar Osim, Dzeko's coach at Zeljeznicar: "Edin will keep this level" After the first part of our reportage, here is the interview with Amar Osim, Edin Dzeko's former coach at Zeljeznicar, his first team. Zeljenicar won the championship 1971-72 in Ju
- VIDEO - All roads lead to Dzeko: discovering Edin's life in Sarajevo A climb. To reach the house where Dzeko grew up, in the district of Brijesce in Sarajevo, you have to go up a hill. Just as happened to Edin throughout his childhood, stolen from h
- AS Roma published new Nike's home jersey for the 2018/19 season AS Roma published the images of the new Nike's home jersey for the 2018/19. Here are the first shots of the new kit: Here is the video posted by AS Roma on Twitter: Presenting o
- Massara to join again Roma as principal collaborator of Monchi Fredric "Ricki" Massara will be the new principal collaborator of Monchi, with influence over the sporting secretary of AS Roma. It is a comeback, because he was at Trigoria alread
- Roma-Liverpool, Monchi: "Rome supports Roma. Let's colour the City!" Sunday morning. Trigoria shines under the sun. It is hot, but there is a sun that invites you to dive in the water, like Pallotta. Outside Trigoria few supporters are waiting and w
- Francesco Totti: the last kick, the last shot against the 93 I go with my son to see Roma-Genoa. It is the last match. It is mandatory to bring him to the stadium. Something that involves his higher education. For us Romanists, the match aga
- Calciomercato, As: "La Roma ha chiesto Llorente al Real Madrid" Chiuso da poco più di una settimana, il calciomercato in entrata delle squadre italiane fa ancora parlare di sé, soprattutto a livello di retroscena stuzzicanti. Per
- Sorteggi Champions League: regole, orario e dove vederli in tv Il campionato è appena iniziato ma c'è un'altra data da cerchiare in rosso sul calendario: quella del 30 agosto, giorno dei sorteggi della fase a gironi della prossim
- Adriano: "Arrivavo ubriaco agli allenamenti, lo staff dell'Inter mi faceva dormire in infermeria" Adriano ha parlato dei suoi problemi con l'alcol in un'intervista alla rivista brasiliana R7: "So solo io quanto ho sofferto, la morte di mio padre mi ha lasciato un enorme v
- Piove Riceviamo, pubblichiamo e sottoscriviamo questo testo dalla pagina facebook PER LA ROMA. Sono giornate particolari. E quelle che verranno probabilmente lo saranno ancora di pi&ugra
- Un mese di DAZN, tre partite della Roma sono gratis: ecco cosa aspettarsi La Roma in streaming. Una frase che evoca ansia e imprecazioni per chi in passato è stato costretto a seguire la Roma su Sky Go o su un sito pirata. Chi per lavoro, ch
Ti potrebbe interessare
Here is the letter, translated in English, that our newsroom sent to Mr. Josep Maria Bartomeu
The team can still improve a lot and the coach has players who trust his ideas
90 euros to see the match at the Nou Camp, 40 at Olimpico. Prices are high and stadiums are empty