Cogito Ergo Sud: Football must be popular
Our editorial today underlines the excessive price of the tickets for AS Roma fans at the Nou Camp
If it is rhetoric to line up against a ticket price of 89 euros (at the 100th ring and with a web in front of our eyes), we want to be recognized as masters of rhetoric, we want to be professors of populism. But, I know that the worst rhetoric is that of anti-rhetoric, the one of the "intellectuals at all costs" who search super-original visual corners in order to be scratchy and acid, good only to piss you off, desecrating truths that are certified, compulsory and incontrovertible. Because it is even science not to accept a ticket for 89 euros for a guest sector or one for 60 euros for home matches. For those who are thirsting for pillory, the ones that say "write this also to AS Roma!", read the first line or the newspaper of three days or six months ago, or a random copy of these six months, because you would read continually "things written to AS Roma". We do not do anything else. We would not do anything else. We won't do anything else. You will find us always on the same side, the one of the fans. Full stop.
The manifesto in these parts is clear: football is and must remain a popular sport. Ancient as the world is, it would be said echoing the man who more than anyone else has embodied the emotion and the example of how to live football and how to be a Romanist: Agostino Di Bartolomei. Ancient as the world is, it is something inside the heart. There is no craving for progressism, I personally regret the possibility for the goalkeeper of taking the ball with the hands after a back-pass, but it is not sterile "nostalgia", it is something that does have sense.
Football has its rules, its traditions, and a bigger concept, which contains them all: football belongs to people. And if that it is true in social life, in the social media the concept of people is less current than the one of a Tyrannosaurus: in football people are there and must be there. Football must be popular. Otherwise, it is better that football does not exist at all. And we like feelings, even those who are inside that "What will be, will be". Nothing particularly original: Pasolini wrote this thing more than fourty years ago ("football is the last possible sacred representation"). Pasolini had fallen in love with the suburbs and with this game, because he had found there a hope of authenticity, and therefore of passion, of commitment, of humanity.
Football with only seats, football of the forced applauses, football of the remote control, football of the Ministry of the Right Manner that regulates if, how and when you could go to watch a match and that asks you the authorization to say I love you, or even a very healthy "f**k", asking through a fax for an authorization to feel an emotion: that football is an expired product and a good mould for only few years to come of television rights and scenic views included in packages planned for sheikhs, but then nothing more. Then, they will do nothing else with football, especially if they continue to puncture its ball.
Please, do not touch football and Roma. The market has its rules and this is normal (we cannot be "luddites of the footprint"), but leave us a space, a sector (popular precisely), leave us the dream of a normal ball that goes to get stuck under a car. Zero cost. I would never change the grease on the hands that you have when you recover a ball under a car (stretching without seeing) with a salmon to taste on an observation deck from the "thousand-star" Champions tribunes. Even more, I would pay for not having this privilege. Because, in the end, the dialectic is always the same: - Spritz and + Borghetti. Back in the days when you paid them with 5,000 lire and you received three of them. Back in the days when you did not spare emotions when you went to the stadium.
© RIPRODUZIONE RISERVATA
- VIDEO - Amra Dzeko: "It's a duty for me to help others. Edin and I love Rome" We're in Casal Palocco in Rome to meet Arma Dzeko, Edin's wife. She spoke about her special relationship with the city of Rome, about her social commitment in Bosnia-Herzegovina an
- Safe-Standing in Spurs new stadium, Jon Darch: "I would expect government policy to catch up with reality" Tottenham have incorporated 7.500 safe-standing rails into the South Stand of their new 62.000-seater stadium. We speak about this, and the situation of safe-standing in UK, with J
- Learn Roma Doing nothing, after what happened yesterday, by rhetorically appealing to coldness and lucidity, is maybe more serious than what has happened in the field. Because after a 7-1 gam
- VIDEO - Our interview with Robin Olsen: “Everyone is a Roma supporter in the city!” Here is the video with a part of the interview with Robin Olsen, published on "Il Romanista" today, 11/23/2018.
- Amar Osim, Dzeko's coach at Zeljeznicar: "Edin will keep this level" After the first part of our reportage, here is the interview with Amar Osim, Edin Dzeko's former coach at Zeljeznicar, his first team. Zeljenicar won the championship 1971-72 in Ju
- VIDEO - All roads lead to Dzeko: discovering Edin's life in Sarajevo A climb. To reach the house where Dzeko grew up, in the district of Brijesce in Sarajevo, you have to go up a hill. Just as happened to Edin throughout his childhood, stolen from h
- FOTO - Antonucci: "Consapevole degli errori, lascio i social network" L'attaccante della Roma Mirko Antonucci, in prestito in Portogallo al Vitoria Setubal, ha deciso di lasciare Instagram in seguito a un episodio social non specificato. Questo il po
- FOTO - Totti presenta il team della CT10 Management: c'è anche Candela Francesco Totti è più che pronto a iniziare la sua nuova avventura nel mondo del calcio, che lo vedrà procuratore e talent scout. Carriera che, in realtà
- Calciomercato Roma: Pastore in Mls con la formula-Micki Si gioca e si tratta. Un inedito assoluto. Non perché in passato il mercato non si sia mai incrociato con le partite giocate, anzi, ma l'inedito che stiamo vivendo è
- Calciomercato Roma: accordo trovato con il Verona per Cetin Dopo una stagione con la Roma Mert Cetin potrebbe vestire la maglia del Verona. Il difensore centrale classe 1997, arrivato la scorsa estate dal Genclerbirligi, finora con la squad
- FOTO - Maglia della Roma 2020/2021, ecco le nuove anticipazioni Ci sono le prime immagini della nuova maglia della Roma. Il sito specializzato footyheadlines.com ha rilasciato le prime foto reali della divisa casalinga dei giallorossi
Ti potrebbe interessare
Here is the letter, translated in English, that our newsroom sent to Mr. Josep Maria Bartomeu
The team can still improve a lot and the coach has players who trust his ideas
90 euros to see the match at the Nou Camp, 40 at Olimpico. Prices are high and stadiums are empty