Matteo Cancellieri: who is the ballboy who suffered a red card foul
He plays as forward in the Roma U-16 trained by Gianluca Falsini, from the locker room he stated "Ferreyra wanted to apologize for that act"
The attack wing of Roma U-16 suffered a red card foul, in a Champions League match, without even take the field. Matteo Cancellieri, born in Rome on 12/02/2002, offensive player of the team trained by Gianluca Falsini, working yesterday as ballboy as many of his teammates, was pushed by Facundo Ferreyra, who threw him upside down at the 80° minute, when the match was still stationary between the red card to Ordets, who denied a clear occasion to Dzeko, and Kolarov's free-kick, that ended against Shakhtar's wall that probably was too close.
Maybe the Spanish referee Alberto Undiano Mallenco, having just extracted the red card to the number 18, did not want to expel also the number 19, giving just a yellow card: a nice present for the Italian-Argentinian forward, who could avoid the TV-prove, because the episode was already judged from the referee's triad and it cannot be judged again.
AS Roma players suddenly ran to protest, the stadium exploded, and a brawl started between the two teams. "No way we can accept this - Alessandro Florenzi commented at the end of the match - but I also want to congratulate myself with our ballboys: they were really good, thanks to them I remembered when I was a ballboy".
"Facundo called me in the locker room - Alisson stated - he knows he made a mistake, and he told me to give his apologize to the ballboy". The guy was taken by the stretcher and brought to the infirmary: he suffered a bump to the knee, he was treated with ice and then sent home. Nothing serious: he went home on his legs and his presence on Sunday he wouldn't be in doubt. He will face Crotone with his U-16 team, just like the first team.
Later, Shakhtar's forward sent publicly his apologize through a message on his Instagram profile, following the distensive message made by the young ballboy: "Just an act of anger of a player. He's human too!" he wrote on an Instagram story.
© RIPRODUZIONE RISERVATA
- Amar Osim, Dzeko's coach at Zeljeznicar: "Edin will keep this level" After the first part of our reportage, here is the interview with Amar Osim, Edin Dzeko's former coach at Zeljeznicar, his first team. Zeljenicar won the championship 1971-72 in Ju
- VIDEO - All roads lead to Dzeko: discovering Edin's life in Sarajevo A climb. To reach the house where Dzeko grew up, in the district of Brijesce in Sarajevo, you have to go up a hill. Just as happened to Edin throughout his childhood, stolen from h
- AS Roma published new Nike's home jersey for the 2018/19 season AS Roma published the images of the new Nike's home jersey for the 2018/19. Here are the first shots of the new kit: Here is the video posted by AS Roma on Twitter: Presenting o
- Massara to join again Roma as principal collaborator of Monchi Fredric "Ricki" Massara will be the new principal collaborator of Monchi, with influence over the sporting secretary of AS Roma. It is a comeback, because he was at Trigoria alread
- Roma-Liverpool, Monchi: "Rome supports Roma. Let's colour the City!" Sunday morning. Trigoria shines under the sun. It is hot, but there is a sun that invites you to dive in the water, like Pallotta. Outside Trigoria few supporters are waiting and w
- Francesco Totti: the last kick, the last shot against the 93 I go with my son to see Roma-Genoa. It is the last match. It is mandatory to bring him to the stadium. Something that involves his higher education. For us Romanists, the match aga
- Capello: "Tornare alla Roma? Non ho l'età, ma magari come consulente..." Fabio Capello, ex allenatore di Roma e Juventus, è intervenuto ai microfoni di Radio 1 durante la trasmissione "Radio anch'io lo sport". Ecco uno stralcio delle sue dic
- L'analisi di Bellinazzo: "La Roma è un'azienda sanissima, con un futuro promettente" Marco Bellinazzo, hai letto il bilancio della Roma in via di approvazione? In generale credi che la situazione sia migliore o peggiore rispetto a un anno fa?«Credo che sia de
- FOTO - La Roma lancia il sondaggio: "Quali sono le vostre tre maglie preferite?" La maglia della Roma è sempre bella ma ognuno ha una casacca a cui è più legato. Magari per una questione estetica, per un legame affettivo o perché a q
- Totti: "Nedved era un piagnone, non l'ho mai sopportato" "Nedved ti faceva venire voglia di picchiarlo". Francesco Totti, nell'autobiografia "Un Capitano", rivela un interessante retroscena della sua carriera e racconta il suo rapporto c
- L'ira di Pallotta dopo Bologna-Roma: "Sono disgustato" "Sono disgustato". A parlare è il presidente della Roma James Pallotta. L'americano è stato intercettato dal portale in lingua inglese Romapress.us che ha r
Ti potrebbe interessare
Roma at quarterfinals. There will be a time to celebrate this match in details: but without certain abilities it would be impossible to beat Napoli and Shakhtar within ten days
AS Roma Chairman, AS Roma talking-radios and the “other” frequencies of AS Roma fans
Twenty lines, even too many. AS Roma has had enough, imagine the fans. The only thing you ask them is to give everything for that yellow-edged red thing