Crotone-Roma: The best is yet to come
The team can still improve a lot and the coach has players who trust his ideas
Roma won, All hail Roma. We should start from this point in order to better analyze the victory against Crotone. Nineth success away for a team that, in Italy, has been appreciated more outside than inside the GRA. It has been appreciated in Calabria, after 90 minutes that were not perfect for sure. But, it has been appreciated while continuing to believe in its ideas, the ones that Di Francesco has built since his first steps in Trigoria, the ones that we saw at Stamford Bridge (even with a tie and 3 goals conceded). If this is the goal, we should welcome this kind of victories, not wonderful but essential to go on in this way, building up a project that needs time and few changes to have results.
The real success is the one that Di Francesco is obtaining: to have a team that is always by his side, for victories or for losses. A team that understood the path and now wants to cover it with its coach, in a quid pro quo system. And even yesterday in Crotone, Roma transmitted this willpower: even in a match played after the great satisfaction of the Champions League quarterfinals and with six changes in the line-up (three compulsory: De Rossi disqualified, Perotti and Florenzi with little ailments).
It was one of the matches that usually declares the winner as cynical, fierce and merciless. In the first half, with a little bit of difficulty, Roma tried to score in order to resolve the tactical impasse. But, once scored, maybe Roma thought she locked the success, at least until Ninja's shot. So, under this light, we should believe that the team can still improve a lot, and that Roma's future will be happier than the already smiling present.
© RIPRODUZIONE RISERVATA
- VIDEO - Psg e Basaksehir lasciano il campo per un insulto razzista del quarto uomo È stata sospesa dopo poco più di venti minuti Psg-Basaksehir, gara valida per l'ultima giornata del girone H di Champions League, a causa di un insulto
- VIDEO - Amra Dzeko: "It's a duty for me to help others. Edin and I love Rome" We're in Casal Palocco in Rome to meet Arma Dzeko, Edin's wife. She spoke about her special relationship with the city of Rome, about her social commitment in Bosnia-Herzegovina an
- Safe-Standing in Spurs new stadium, Jon Darch: "I would expect government policy to catch up with reality" Tottenham have incorporated 7.500 safe-standing rails into the South Stand of their new 62.000-seater stadium. We speak about this, and the situation of safe-standing in UK, with J
- Learn Roma Doing nothing, after what happened yesterday, by rhetorically appealing to coldness and lucidity, is maybe more serious than what has happened in the field. Because after a 7-1 gam
- VIDEO - Our interview with Robin Olsen: “Everyone is a Roma supporter in the city!” Here is the video with a part of the interview with Robin Olsen, published on "Il Romanista" today, 11/23/2018.
- Amar Osim, Dzeko's coach at Zeljeznicar: "Edin will keep this level" After the first part of our reportage, here is the interview with Amar Osim, Edin Dzeko's former coach at Zeljeznicar, his first team. Zeljenicar won the championship 1971-72 in Ju
- Mkhitaryan e gli altri: il mercato della Roma e il fattore Raiola Henrikh Mkhitaryan. Marco Silvestri. Justin Kluivert. Moise Kean. Riccardo Calafiori. Ribaltateli, mischiateli, metteteli nell'ordine che volete voi, il risultato finale è u
- Ajax-Roma 1-2, Pellegrini e Ibanez ribaltano il gol di Klaassen Successo importantissimo della Roma di Paulo Fonseca, che alla Johan Cruijff ArenA di Amsterdam si impone per due a uno in rimonta contro l'Ajax nell'andata dei quarti di fina
- Stadio, la Roma risponde al Comune e rilancia La Roma è tornata a ribadire la propria volontà di dotarsi di un impianto di proprietà. Non che questo sia mai stato messo in dubbio da alcuno, ma quello che i
- LIVE - Roma-Napoli 0-2: esce Pellegrini, entra Kumbulla Alle 20.45 la Roma scende in campo allo stadio Olimpico contro il Napoli. Le due squadre si giocano tre punti fondamentali in chiave lotta Champi
- VIDEO - Europeo Under 21, il gol di Gonzalo Villar in Slovenia-Spagna È in corso il secondo tempo di Slovenia-Spagna, gara valida per la prima giornata del gruppo B (di cui fa parte anche l'Italia) dell'Europeo Under 21. Le furie ros
Ti potrebbe interessare
90 euros to see the match at the Nou Camp, 40 at Olimpico. Prices are high and stadiums are empty
Third challenge: one precedent is very favourable, the other one is decidedly unfavourable. Anyway, Barcelona is a giant, both culturally and sportively
Heart and soul, but primarily a fantastic player that is the icon of this team.