Crotone-Roma: The best is yet to come
The team can still improve a lot and the coach has players who trust his ideas
Roma won, All hail Roma. We should start from this point in order to better analyze the victory against Crotone. Nineth success away for a team that, in Italy, has been appreciated more outside than inside the GRA. It has been appreciated in Calabria, after 90 minutes that were not perfect for sure. But, it has been appreciated while continuing to believe in its ideas, the ones that Di Francesco has built since his first steps in Trigoria, the ones that we saw at Stamford Bridge (even with a tie and 3 goals conceded). If this is the goal, we should welcome this kind of victories, not wonderful but essential to go on in this way, building up a project that needs time and few changes to have results.
The real success is the one that Di Francesco is obtaining: to have a team that is always by his side, for victories or for losses. A team that understood the path and now wants to cover it with its coach, in a quid pro quo system. And even yesterday in Crotone, Roma transmitted this willpower: even in a match played after the great satisfaction of the Champions League quarterfinals and with six changes in the line-up (three compulsory: De Rossi disqualified, Perotti and Florenzi with little ailments).
It was one of the matches that usually declares the winner as cynical, fierce and merciless. In the first half, with a little bit of difficulty, Roma tried to score in order to resolve the tactical impasse. But, once scored, maybe Roma thought she locked the success, at least until Ninja's shot. So, under this light, we should believe that the team can still improve a lot, and that Roma's future will be happier than the already smiling present.
© RIPRODUZIONE RISERVATA
- VIDEO - Amra Dzeko: "It's a duty for me to help others. Edin and I love Rome" We're in Casal Palocco in Rome to meet Arma Dzeko, Edin's wife. She spoke about her special relationship with the city of Rome, about her social commitment in Bosnia-Herzegovina an
- Safe-Standing in Spurs new stadium, Jon Darch: "I would expect government policy to catch up with reality" Tottenham have incorporated 7.500 safe-standing rails into the South Stand of their new 62.000-seater stadium. We speak about this, and the situation of safe-standing in UK, with J
- Learn Roma Doing nothing, after what happened yesterday, by rhetorically appealing to coldness and lucidity, is maybe more serious than what has happened in the field. Because after a 7-1 gam
- VIDEO - Our interview with Robin Olsen: “Everyone is a Roma supporter in the city!” Here is the video with a part of the interview with Robin Olsen, published on "Il Romanista" today, 11/23/2018.
- Amar Osim, Dzeko's coach at Zeljeznicar: "Edin will keep this level" After the first part of our reportage, here is the interview with Amar Osim, Edin Dzeko's former coach at Zeljeznicar, his first team. Zeljenicar won the championship 1971-72 in Ju
- VIDEO - All roads lead to Dzeko: discovering Edin's life in Sarajevo A climb. To reach the house where Dzeko grew up, in the district of Brijesce in Sarajevo, you have to go up a hill. Just as happened to Edin throughout his childhood, stolen from h
- Calciomercato Roma, l'obiettivo è incassare 100 milioni: i nomi in uscita Cento milioni di incasso. Un attivo tra entrate e uscite tra i sessanta e gli ottanta milioni. Arricchito da settanta-ottanta di plusvalenze. Riduzione del monte ingaggi, quindi un
- Arturo Calabresi: «Un dramma, ora è giusto fermarsi» Potrebbe ritrovarsi al centro di uno dei casi controversi dell'estate. Arturo Calabresi, 24 anni appena compiuti, un altro dei giovani talenti sfornati dalla florida scuola di Trig
- Società, Friedkin abbassa l'offerta ma Pallotta dice no: il punto Roma, abbiamo un problema. Nel senso che la trattativa per l'acquisto della società giallorossa si starebbe complicando. Non c'è ancora nulla di definitivo, ma le con
- Piccinini: «E adesso gli urlatori che fanno?» Per vedere Sandro Piccinini in tv abbiamo dovuto guardare la recente intervista concessa ad Alessandro Cattelan, perché lui dal calcio è sparito da quasi due anni. Pe
- AS Roma, deliberato l'aumento di capitale di 150 milioni Il Consiglio di Amministrazione della Roma, riunitosi nella giornata di oggi, ha deliberato l'Aumento di Capitale di 150 milioni di euro. Questo il comunicato ufficiale pubbli
Ti potrebbe interessare
90 euros to see the match at the Nou Camp, 40 at Olimpico. Prices are high and stadiums are empty
Third challenge: one precedent is very favourable, the other one is decidedly unfavourable. Anyway, Barcelona is a giant, both culturally and sportively
Heart and soul, but primarily a fantastic player that is the icon of this team.