Roma-Shakhtar, the Romanist soul of a winning group
Roma at quarterfinals. There will be a time to celebrate this match in details: but without certain abilities it would be impossible to beat Napoli and Shakhtar within ten days
We wrote and we will write a lot in the next days about the data, the records, the clean sheets, about the unemployed Alisson and the universal calibre of Dzeko on this journal that is unique, crazy and passionate just like this club. But maybe, here and now, it is necessary to do a consideration, in order to speak also about the soul of a group that, hit where it hurts by a pride that seemed asleep, was able to achieve two goals of unexpected value, triumphing at Napoli (questioning the equilibria of the championship) and eliminating a powerful Shakhtar yesterday, casting a signal (as well as the great feat of Montella and his Sevilla) of a totally Italian innovation at the quarterfinals of this Champions League, with two teams among the European bunch of the top eight clubs.
Feats that only few thought would be in the style of this team and this coach, that have been even vilified in the darkest moments of January and February for collecting all together the uncertainties that usually a new and under construction team distributes uniformly during its period of development.
Two similar teams, that Napoli and this Shakhtar, with huge technical values and highly prepared tactical leaders, but yet forced to kneel one after the other, within ten days, in front of the grandeur of Roma, that doesn't have the velocity, the ability to construct the manoeuvre, the incisiveness and the technique, but has become a team made by giants who rejoice after a winning tackle, who hug each other after a goal even if distant (like De Rossi that, instead of reaching the group, prefers not to leave Alisson alone during the celebration), who fight on the edge of water holding sometimes their head underneath and raising it when you least expect it, who get indignant at a brutal act against a ballboy and they go to defend him even at the cost of receiving against referee's actions (by the way, that mean action of Ferreyra should be sanctioned with a red card), who know how to overcome a mistake of the ref (the offside of Ünder during the first half), who gather at the end of the match, with the benchwarmers among the wildest, in communion with the audience that was in ecstasy. Romanist soul.
© RIPRODUZIONE RISERVATA
- Safe-Standing in Spurs new stadium, Jon Darch: "I would expect government policy to catch up with reality" Tottenham have incorporated 7.500 safe-standing rails into the South Stand of their new 62.000-seater stadium. We speak about this, and the situation of safe-standing in UK, with J
- Learn Roma Doing nothing, after what happened yesterday, by rhetorically appealing to coldness and lucidity, is maybe more serious than what has happened in the field. Because after a 7-1 gam
- VIDEO - Our interview with Robin Olsen: “Everyone is a Roma supporter in the city!” Here is the video with a part of the interview with Robin Olsen, published on "Il Romanista" today, 11/23/2018.
- Amar Osim, Dzeko's coach at Zeljeznicar: "Edin will keep this level" After the first part of our reportage, here is the interview with Amar Osim, Edin Dzeko's former coach at Zeljeznicar, his first team. Zeljenicar won the championship 1971-72 in Ju
- VIDEO - All roads lead to Dzeko: discovering Edin's life in Sarajevo A climb. To reach the house where Dzeko grew up, in the district of Brijesce in Sarajevo, you have to go up a hill. Just as happened to Edin throughout his childhood, stolen from h
- AS Roma published new Nike's home jersey for the 2018/19 season AS Roma published the images of the new Nike's home jersey for the 2018/19. Here are the first shots of the new kit: Here is the video posted by AS Roma on Twitter: Presenting o
- Nainggolan: "Via da Roma per colpa di qualcuno che ora non c'è più..." Radja Nainggolan, che questa estate è tornato al Cagliari dopo l'esperienza poco felice all'Inter, ha parlato ai microfoni di Sky Sport ritornando sul suo addio alla Roma: "
- Europa League: ecco Stefano Napoleoni, il romano e romanista del Basaksehir Una delle prossime avversarie della Roma nel girone di Europa League è il Basaksehir, la squadra che ha lanciato Cengiz Under. Ma il giovane esterno non è l
- VIDEO - Il nuovo stadio della Roma nel filmato di Tokidoki Ieri il club ha annunciato la nuova partnership tra la Roma e Tokidoki, un brand internazionale di design dall'anima romana. Tra le varie iniziative, oltre al vernissage di pr
- Roma, dal 4321 al 4141: ecco come potrebbe cambiare con gli infortuni Premessa: la Roma di Paulo Fonseca ha giocato, gioca e giocherà il quattro-due-tre-uno. Modulo preferito dal tecnico portoghese e sul quale è stata strutturata una ca
- Under 15, Benevento-Roma: gara da rigiocare per un errore dell'arbitro Il Giudice Sportivo ha disposto la ripetizione della gara Benevento-Roma Under 15 per un errore dell'arbitro. Come si legge nel comunicato, il direttore di gara ha ammonito per due