Roma-Shakhtar, the Romanist soul of a winning group
Roma at quarterfinals. There will be a time to celebrate this match in details: but without certain abilities it would be impossible to beat Napoli and Shakhtar within ten days
We wrote and we will write a lot in the next days about the data, the records, the clean sheets, about the unemployed Alisson and the universal calibre of Dzeko on this journal that is unique, crazy and passionate just like this club. But maybe, here and now, it is necessary to do a consideration, in order to speak also about the soul of a group that, hit where it hurts by a pride that seemed asleep, was able to achieve two goals of unexpected value, triumphing at Napoli (questioning the equilibria of the championship) and eliminating a powerful Shakhtar yesterday, casting a signal (as well as the great feat of Montella and his Sevilla) of a totally Italian innovation at the quarterfinals of this Champions League, with two teams among the European bunch of the top eight clubs.
Feats that only few thought would be in the style of this team and this coach, that have been even vilified in the darkest moments of January and February for collecting all together the uncertainties that usually a new and under construction team distributes uniformly during its period of development.
Two similar teams, that Napoli and this Shakhtar, with huge technical values and highly prepared tactical leaders, but yet forced to kneel one after the other, within ten days, in front of the grandeur of Roma, that doesn't have the velocity, the ability to construct the manoeuvre, the incisiveness and the technique, but has become a team made by giants who rejoice after a winning tackle, who hug each other after a goal even if distant (like De Rossi that, instead of reaching the group, prefers not to leave Alisson alone during the celebration), who fight on the edge of water holding sometimes their head underneath and raising it when you least expect it, who get indignant at a brutal act against a ballboy and they go to defend him even at the cost of receiving against referee's actions (by the way, that mean action of Ferreyra should be sanctioned with a red card), who know how to overcome a mistake of the ref (the offside of Ünder during the first half), who gather at the end of the match, with the benchwarmers among the wildest, in communion with the audience that was in ecstasy. Romanist soul.
© RIPRODUZIONE RISERVATA
- VIDEO - Amra Dzeko: "It's a duty for me to help others. Edin and I love Rome" We're in Casal Palocco in Rome to meet Arma Dzeko, Edin's wife. She spoke about her special relationship with the city of Rome, about her social commitment in Bosnia-Herzegovina an
- Safe-Standing in Spurs new stadium, Jon Darch: "I would expect government policy to catch up with reality" Tottenham have incorporated 7.500 safe-standing rails into the South Stand of their new 62.000-seater stadium. We speak about this, and the situation of safe-standing in UK, with J
- Learn Roma Doing nothing, after what happened yesterday, by rhetorically appealing to coldness and lucidity, is maybe more serious than what has happened in the field. Because after a 7-1 gam
- VIDEO - Our interview with Robin Olsen: “Everyone is a Roma supporter in the city!” Here is the video with a part of the interview with Robin Olsen, published on "Il Romanista" today, 11/23/2018.
- Amar Osim, Dzeko's coach at Zeljeznicar: "Edin will keep this level" After the first part of our reportage, here is the interview with Amar Osim, Edin Dzeko's former coach at Zeljeznicar, his first team. Zeljenicar won the championship 1971-72 in Ju
- VIDEO - All roads lead to Dzeko: discovering Edin's life in Sarajevo A climb. To reach the house where Dzeko grew up, in the district of Brijesce in Sarajevo, you have to go up a hill. Just as happened to Edin throughout his childhood, stolen from h
- Mkhitaryan rescinde con l'Arsenal e sceglie la Roma: "Contento di poter restare" Mkhitaryan finirà la stagione con la Roma e sarà giallorosso anche per la prossima. Il calciatore il prossimo 31 agosto rescinderà il contratto che lo legava a
- Da Fienga a Baldini, da De Sanctis a Raiola: tutti gli uomini di Pallotta Guido Fienga presiede e firma. Franco Baldini dirige e suggerisce. Morgan De Sanctis vende e vende. Gabriele Giuffrida ascolta e tratta. Frank Trimboli, Paolo Busardò e Paol
- Ibanez: il centrale che ha convinto Fonseca e che Monchi aveva rifiutato Se Fonseca voleva stupire, non poteva riuscirci meglio. Due mesi di quarantena, centoquindici giorni senza una partita ufficiale, un giocatore che nell'ultimo anno il campo lo avev
- Roma-Parma 2-1: Mkhitaryan e Veretout rimontano il gol di Kucka La Roma torna a vincere dopo tre ko di fila e non perde terreno rispetto alle vittoriose Milan e Napoli. I giallorossi vanno sotto con il Parma al 9' a causa di un rigore trasforma
- Roma, the day after Petrachi: a Trigoria si riparte e si chiude per Pedro A Trigoria si riparte e si volta pagina. The day after Petrachi è il giorno di riposo della squadra concesso dall'allenatore Fonseca prima della ripresa odierna. Non ci sar&