Roma-Shakhtar, the Romanist soul of a winning group
Roma at quarterfinals. There will be a time to celebrate this match in details: but without certain abilities it would be impossible to beat Napoli and Shakhtar within ten days
We wrote and we will write a lot in the next days about the data, the records, the clean sheets, about the unemployed Alisson and the universal calibre of Dzeko on this journal that is unique, crazy and passionate just like this club. But maybe, here and now, it is necessary to do a consideration, in order to speak also about the soul of a group that, hit where it hurts by a pride that seemed asleep, was able to achieve two goals of unexpected value, triumphing at Napoli (questioning the equilibria of the championship) and eliminating a powerful Shakhtar yesterday, casting a signal (as well as the great feat of Montella and his Sevilla) of a totally Italian innovation at the quarterfinals of this Champions League, with two teams among the European bunch of the top eight clubs.
Feats that only few thought would be in the style of this team and this coach, that have been even vilified in the darkest moments of January and February for collecting all together the uncertainties that usually a new and under construction team distributes uniformly during its period of development.
Two similar teams, that Napoli and this Shakhtar, with huge technical values and highly prepared tactical leaders, but yet forced to kneel one after the other, within ten days, in front of the grandeur of Roma, that doesn't have the velocity, the ability to construct the manoeuvre, the incisiveness and the technique, but has become a team made by giants who rejoice after a winning tackle, who hug each other after a goal even if distant (like De Rossi that, instead of reaching the group, prefers not to leave Alisson alone during the celebration), who fight on the edge of water holding sometimes their head underneath and raising it when you least expect it, who get indignant at a brutal act against a ballboy and they go to defend him even at the cost of receiving against referee's actions (by the way, that mean action of Ferreyra should be sanctioned with a red card), who know how to overcome a mistake of the ref (the offside of Ünder during the first half), who gather at the end of the match, with the benchwarmers among the wildest, in communion with the audience that was in ecstasy. Romanist soul.
© RIPRODUZIONE RISERVATA
- Learn Roma Doing nothing, after what happened yesterday, by rhetorically appealing to coldness and lucidity, is maybe more serious than what has happened in the field. Because after a 7-1 gam
- VIDEO - Our interview with Robin Olsen: “Everyone is a Roma supporter in the city!” Here is the video with a part of the interview with Robin Olsen, published on "Il Romanista" today, 11/23/2018.
- Amar Osim, Dzeko's coach at Zeljeznicar: "Edin will keep this level" After the first part of our reportage, here is the interview with Amar Osim, Edin Dzeko's former coach at Zeljeznicar, his first team. Zeljenicar won the championship 1971-72 in Ju
- VIDEO - All roads lead to Dzeko: discovering Edin's life in Sarajevo A climb. To reach the house where Dzeko grew up, in the district of Brijesce in Sarajevo, you have to go up a hill. Just as happened to Edin throughout his childhood, stolen from h
- AS Roma published new Nike's home jersey for the 2018/19 season AS Roma published the images of the new Nike's home jersey for the 2018/19. Here are the first shots of the new kit: Here is the video posted by AS Roma on Twitter: Presenting o
- Massara to join again Roma as principal collaborator of Monchi Fredric "Ricki" Massara will be the new principal collaborator of Monchi, with influence over the sporting secretary of AS Roma. It is a comeback, because he was at Trigoria alread
- Quando Zaniolo s'infuriò con Di Canio: ko tecnico Quell'anno, 2006-2007, la Cisco Roma partì davvero con l'ambizione di affermarsi come terza squadra della capitale e, per non sbagliare, i proprietari non badarono a spese.
- VIDEO - La prima intervista di Ranieri come nuovo allenatore della Roma La prima intervista di Claudio Ranieri come nuovo allenatore della Roma, rilasciata oggi, durante il suo primo giorno, a Roma TV.
- Pallotta: "Monchi ha avuto pieno controllo e questi sono i risultati" Il presidente James Pallotta ha rilasciato alcune dichiarazioni al sito ufficiale del club in risposta alla conferenza stampa di presentazione di Monchi come nuovo dirigente d
- Ranieri: "Senza la Champions molti giocatori andranno via" Claudio Ranieri ha parlato parlato nel post partita di Spal-Roma. Ecco le sue dichiarazioni: Sky Difficile vincere perdendo tutti i duelli?"Non siamo stati squadra, abbiamo messo s
- Una Roma sbagliata: questa non è mai stata una squadra Era nell'aria. Magari non così, ma i presagi erano stati tutti nefasti. E per questo sono tutti colpevoli, nessuno escluso. Perché i segnali c'erano stati, pure tropp