Dear Barcelona, I write You
Here is the letter, translated in English, that our newsroom sent to Mr. Josep Maria Bartomeu
letto 137 volte
Rome, 19 March 2018
To Futbol Club Barcelona,
Your club has always distinguished itself inside the football world for its style, demonstrated both inside and outside the pitch. Barcelona became a synonim for social action, "més que un club" for definition, the society that "dirtied" its sacred shirt for the first time only with the Unicef logo.
It is mainly for this reason that we are writing this letter to You, because a Club that has always payed attention to the values that the football world could embody and produce cannot and may not ignore the request we are making, which is the following. That You could review the price of almost 90 euros for the hosting Sector reserved to Roma supporters for the first leg of the Champions League's quarterfinals, scheduled on April 4th at the Nou Camp.
Please consider what it does mean for Romanist parents to bring their children to see this match. During the hours that followed the draw, the prices for the tickets of the Roma-Barcelona flights, a route that is commonly very cheap, have been through the roof. Even the hotels in Barcelona are experiencing the same increase. At these costs, a family should undergo an expenditure of 180, 270, 360 euros in order to watch the match staying at the last ring of the Nou Camp. You surely understand that, in this way, it is a luxury the simple fact of following the team that one loves, a luxury inaccessible for a large part of the fans. To support AS Roma is an act of love and one can do everything for love, but nobody should speculate on this.
Our newspaper is the only daily journal dedicated to a single football club and to its supporters. As such, we have always payed attention to this subject and we try to raise awareness on this. For us it is a duty both as journalists and as Romanists. To make accessible the prices for the hosting Sector of Barcelona-Roma would significate also to guarantee to the teams in the pitch a stadium as hot and appropriate as the importance of the Champions League quarterfinals.
In order to demonstrate Yourself once again "més que un club" we confide and hope that this request will be taken in consideration. It would be the best "number" You could do, even before playing. Football is like freedom: partecipation is necessary, otherwise it is non-sense to even win.
© RIPRODUZIONE RISERVATA
- VIDEO - Amra Dzeko: "It's a duty for me to help others. Edin and I love Rome" We're in Casal Palocco in Rome to meet Arma Dzeko, Edin's wife. She spoke about her special relationship with the city of Rome, about her social commitment in Bosnia-Herzegovina an
- Safe-Standing in Spurs new stadium, Jon Darch: "I would expect government policy to catch up with reality" Tottenham have incorporated 7.500 safe-standing rails into the South Stand of their new 62.000-seater stadium. We speak about this, and the situation of safe-standing in UK, with J
- Learn Roma Doing nothing, after what happened yesterday, by rhetorically appealing to coldness and lucidity, is maybe more serious than what has happened in the field. Because after a 7-1 gam
- VIDEO - Our interview with Robin Olsen: “Everyone is a Roma supporter in the city!” Here is the video with a part of the interview with Robin Olsen, published on "Il Romanista" today, 11/23/2018.
- Amar Osim, Dzeko's coach at Zeljeznicar: "Edin will keep this level" After the first part of our reportage, here is the interview with Amar Osim, Edin Dzeko's former coach at Zeljeznicar, his first team. Zeljenicar won the championship 1971-72 in Ju
- VIDEO - All roads lead to Dzeko: discovering Edin's life in Sarajevo A climb. To reach the house where Dzeko grew up, in the district of Brijesce in Sarajevo, you have to go up a hill. Just as happened to Edin throughout his childhood, stolen from h
- Messi: "Resto al Barcellona. Ho pensato di andarmene per le gare con Roma, Liverpool e Bayern" Lionel Messi resta al Barcellona. A comunicarlo è lo stesso interessato in un'intervista esclusiva a Goal.com, mettendo fine a ogni speculazione sul suo futuro. Ecco un
- VIDEO - Olanda-Italia, infortunio per Zaniolo: "Distorsione del ginocchio importante" Olanda-Italia per Nicolò Zaniolo è finita al quarantaduesimo minuto di gioco: per il calciatore della Roma scontro a centrocampo con Donny van De Beek e sostituz
- Tommasi: «Tolgo il disturbo, lascio il calcio» L'appuntamento telefonico sa di losco: «Nel corso della giornata per me è un po' complicato. Ma possiamo sentirci sul tardi, anche dopo cena. O la mattina prima delle
- Calciomercato Roma, Smalling a un passo dal ritorno in giallorosso Smalling, ci siamo. Il difensore inglese ha le valigie pronte per tornare a Roma dove lui e la sua famiglia si sono trovati un po' come la moglie di Dzeko. Almeno questo dicono i s
- FOTO - Zaniolo: "Inizia il conto alla rovescia, forza Roma!" È una dichiarazione d'amore quella che Nicolò Zaniolo affida a Instagram a poche ore dall'operazione al ginocchio. "Inizia il conto alla rovescia! Intervento per
Ti potrebbe interessare
The team can still improve a lot and the coach has players who trust his ideas
90 euros to see the match at the Nou Camp, 40 at Olimpico. Prices are high and stadiums are empty
Third challenge: one precedent is very favourable, the other one is decidedly unfavourable. Anyway, Barcelona is a giant, both culturally and sportively