Dear Barcelona, I write You
Here is the letter, translated in English, that our newsroom sent to Mr. Josep Maria Bartomeu
letto 118 volte
Rome, 19 March 2018
To Futbol Club Barcelona,
Your club has always distinguished itself inside the football world for its style, demonstrated both inside and outside the pitch. Barcelona became a synonim for social action, "més que un club" for definition, the society that "dirtied" its sacred shirt for the first time only with the Unicef logo.
It is mainly for this reason that we are writing this letter to You, because a Club that has always payed attention to the values that the football world could embody and produce cannot and may not ignore the request we are making, which is the following. That You could review the price of almost 90 euros for the hosting Sector reserved to Roma supporters for the first leg of the Champions League's quarterfinals, scheduled on April 4th at the Nou Camp.
Please consider what it does mean for Romanist parents to bring their children to see this match. During the hours that followed the draw, the prices for the tickets of the Roma-Barcelona flights, a route that is commonly very cheap, have been through the roof. Even the hotels in Barcelona are experiencing the same increase. At these costs, a family should undergo an expenditure of 180, 270, 360 euros in order to watch the match staying at the last ring of the Nou Camp. You surely understand that, in this way, it is a luxury the simple fact of following the team that one loves, a luxury inaccessible for a large part of the fans. To support AS Roma is an act of love and one can do everything for love, but nobody should speculate on this.
Our newspaper is the only daily journal dedicated to a single football club and to its supporters. As such, we have always payed attention to this subject and we try to raise awareness on this. For us it is a duty both as journalists and as Romanists. To make accessible the prices for the hosting Sector of Barcelona-Roma would significate also to guarantee to the teams in the pitch a stadium as hot and appropriate as the importance of the Champions League quarterfinals.
In order to demonstrate Yourself once again "més que un club" we confide and hope that this request will be taken in consideration. It would be the best "number" You could do, even before playing. Football is like freedom: partecipation is necessary, otherwise it is non-sense to even win.
© RIPRODUZIONE RISERVATA
- Safe-Standing in Spurs new stadium, Jon Darch: "I would expect government policy to catch up with reality" Tottenham have incorporated 7.500 safe-standing rails into the South Stand of their new 62.000-seater stadium. We speak about this, and the situation of safe-standing in UK, with J
- Learn Roma Doing nothing, after what happened yesterday, by rhetorically appealing to coldness and lucidity, is maybe more serious than what has happened in the field. Because after a 7-1 gam
- VIDEO - Our interview with Robin Olsen: “Everyone is a Roma supporter in the city!” Here is the video with a part of the interview with Robin Olsen, published on "Il Romanista" today, 11/23/2018.
- Amar Osim, Dzeko's coach at Zeljeznicar: "Edin will keep this level" After the first part of our reportage, here is the interview with Amar Osim, Edin Dzeko's former coach at Zeljeznicar, his first team. Zeljenicar won the championship 1971-72 in Ju
- VIDEO - All roads lead to Dzeko: discovering Edin's life in Sarajevo A climb. To reach the house where Dzeko grew up, in the district of Brijesce in Sarajevo, you have to go up a hill. Just as happened to Edin throughout his childhood, stolen from h
- AS Roma published new Nike's home jersey for the 2018/19 season AS Roma published the images of the new Nike's home jersey for the 2018/19. Here are the first shots of the new kit: Here is the video posted by AS Roma on Twitter: Presenting o
- Comunicato Roma: "La società ha incontrato gli arbitri che hanno ammesso l'errore" L'incredibile svista arbitrale che ha deciso la partita con il Borussia Moenchengladbach non poteva rimanere senza spiegazioni, e la Roma le ha ottenute. Al termine dell'incontro,
- Stadio della Roma: ecco cosa manca per arrivare alla prima pietra Un iter che sembra infinito, quello per lo Stadio della Roma. Il vero snodo però è arrivato, perché dopo l'approvazione della Variante e la firma della Convenz
- SportBible incorona Doumbia come giocatore più "buggato" della storia di FIFA Seydou Doumbia a Roma non ha lasciato il segno. Arrivato nella sessione di mercato invernale della stagione 2014/15 per circa quindici milioni di Euro, ha segnato solo 2 gol in 13
- UFFICIALE - Bruno Conti torna Direttore Tecnico delle giovanili della Roma Bruno Conti torna a occuparsi operativamente del settore giovanile della Roma. Come riferito dal club in una nota ufficiale, la leggenda giallorossa assumerà il ruolo di Dir
- Svincolati, è ballottaggio Rodwell-Buchel: la situazione Ballottaggio. Tra Jack Rodwell e Marcel Buchel, ventotto anni entrambi, centrocampisti, svincolati e in attesa di un'offerta di lavoro. Tempo tre giorni e sapremo chi dei due avr&a
Ti potrebbe interessare
The team can still improve a lot and the coach has players who trust his ideas
90 euros to see the match at the Nou Camp, 40 at Olimpico. Prices are high and stadiums are empty
Third challenge: one precedent is very favourable, the other one is decidedly unfavourable. Anyway, Barcelona is a giant, both culturally and sportively