Daniele De Rossi: "O Captain! My Captain!"
Heart and soul, but primarily a fantastic player that is the icon of this team.
There are things that happen. But only if you are a Captain. And if you are Daniele De Rossi you are a Captain. Undoubtedly. In those cases what happens is that you are ready to stand against all odds in favour of a mate. And not because you know that he is strong, but because he is part of your group. De Rossi's rebirth stands within the one of all the others.
October 2, 2016: Dzeko scores against Inter. De Rossi, as he has done for 16 years, runs first to hug the scorer. But this time he adds a superior charge. The group stands in front of Tribuna Tevere, from where a lot of insults arrived to the Bosnian forward. Someone accused him for the low performances of the last season. Daniele stretches Dzeko's shirt, showing it to the protesters, claiming to defend his teammate. His lip movement is captured by the cameras and it unleashes a lot of critics as always. His words do not want an easy consensus, but they represent without any fear the deeper essence of a Captain. A Captain with a Romanist heart. He demonstrates this constantly, even in happy moments, as in the Champions League. Everyone went to embrace Dzeko, while he was going, this time, to hug Alisson. Number ones do not suffer of isolation if they are De Rossi's mates.
But it would be (is, had been, and maybe will be) reductive to refer to De Rossi only as an icon of the heart. His vein on the neck is an icon, even a beautiful one, at the point to be a reason of pride. His link to the shirt, as an ultras, is electrifying and romantic at the same time. The face he always puts in the game - mainly when he commits mistakes - is a syntom of a unbridled personality. But the number 16 is even more. And he represents first and foremost a gigantic presence on the field.
De Rossi is a fantastic player. It's time to say that. Actually, it's time to reaffirm that. Whoever knows something about the pitch has always said that: mates, opponents, coaches, directors. At every latitude and in every moment, in the football world there is no man who doesn't have a good word for him. Every coach of AS Roma (except one who didn't last long enough and who did even less); every Head Coach of the National team: nobody ever wanted to renounce him.
From Capello to Lippi, from Luis Enrique to Garcia, from Spalletti to Conte and Di Francesco: coaches that were often at antipodal points, but were together when they had to state that De Rossi would be essential. A true extension on the pitch for the ones who guide the team from the bench. Without mentioning who would do anything to have him inside his team.
Prejudices that surround him come from other circles, that do not know anything about football. Anyway, you cannot achieve those records, both in the Club and in the National team, if you aren't extraordinary. And in order to know better the magnificent being of De Rossi, it would be sufficient to look at the score sheets. And only to stay strictly in the present, to look at the score sheets of this season. During the two months of crysis he stayed out for a problem at the calf. When he came back, Roma started to run again. And again Roma stopped to suffer many goals or many shots-on-target. It is possible to armor with him. Because the Captain is also a bulwark both metaphorically and concretely.
© RIPRODUZIONE RISERVATA
- Learn Roma Doing nothing, after what happened yesterday, by rhetorically appealing to coldness and lucidity, is maybe more serious than what has happened in the field. Because after a 7-1 gam
- VIDEO - Our interview with Robin Olsen: “Everyone is a Roma supporter in the city!” Here is the video with a part of the interview with Robin Olsen, published on "Il Romanista" today, 11/23/2018.
- Amar Osim, Dzeko's coach at Zeljeznicar: "Edin will keep this level" After the first part of our reportage, here is the interview with Amar Osim, Edin Dzeko's former coach at Zeljeznicar, his first team. Zeljenicar won the championship 1971-72 in Ju
- VIDEO - All roads lead to Dzeko: discovering Edin's life in Sarajevo A climb. To reach the house where Dzeko grew up, in the district of Brijesce in Sarajevo, you have to go up a hill. Just as happened to Edin throughout his childhood, stolen from h
- AS Roma published new Nike's home jersey for the 2018/19 season AS Roma published the images of the new Nike's home jersey for the 2018/19. Here are the first shots of the new kit: Here is the video posted by AS Roma on Twitter: Presenting o
- Massara to join again Roma as principal collaborator of Monchi Fredric "Ricki" Massara will be the new principal collaborator of Monchi, with influence over the sporting secretary of AS Roma. It is a comeback, because he was at Trigoria alread
- La banalità del meme Sono le 15.59 di martedì 5 marzo, domani c'è Porto-Roma e il tweet che associa Robin Olsen a un ragazzo affetto da sindrome di down è ancora lì
- Dall'84' un canto, più forte di tutte le iene Sfinente. Insopportabile. Irritante. Commovente. C'è anche molto più di questo dentro questa notte e questa vittoria contro il Bologna che a un certo punto semb
- Le Iene, sui social pioggia di critiche e insulti per il servizio su Zaniolo Ieri è andata in onda su Italia 1, durante la trasmissione le "Iene", la doppia intervista al talento giallorosso Nicolò Zaniolo e Francesca Costa, la madre del numer
- VIDEO - La Roma arriva a Fiumicino: solo due tifosi ad attenderli. Totti e DiFra seduti vicini Dopo l'amara sconfitta di Oporto e la deludente eliminazione dalla Champions League, la Roma è tornata nella Capitale. Ecco il video dell'arrivo della squadra a Fiumicino.&n
- Distorsione alla caviglia destra per Kostas Manolas Dalle prime indiscrezioni si tratterebbe di una distorsione alla caviglia per il difensore greco. La Roma è riuscita a vincere grazie a un gol al cardiopalma di Edin Dzeko a
Ti potrebbe interessare
He plays as forward in the Roma U-16 trained by Gianluca Falsini, from the locker room he stated "Ferreyra wanted to apologize for that act"
Roma at quarterfinals. There will be a time to celebrate this match in details: but without certain abilities it would be impossible to beat Napoli and Shakhtar within ten days
AS Roma Chairman, AS Roma talking-radios and the “other” frequencies of AS Roma fans